- Please don’t come into the office expecting us to bow or grovel at your feet.
- Please don’t act like we know nothing when you ask us a question. Especially the no brainer questions, if it is over my head I won’t fake my answer. If I don’t know the answer, I will find it for you.
- And no, you can’t sit at my desk while I work.
- Please don’t call me 3 minutes after sending me a message from your truck…YOU ARE NOT MY ONLY DRIVER!!!!!
- Please keep your nasty pocket debris in your pocket, and take a shower and brush your teeth before approaching me, our showers are free ya know?
- Don’t call me because you can’t read a map…I am at my desk, you are on the road figure it out, if you can’t find the place THEN call me.
- Come back on time from your time off and don’t make me call looking for you, I have other things to do then be your babysitter.
- Don’t tell me you can’t go to Canada without good reason, and make sure you apply for your passport, this is a prerequisite when you were hired on and you know this.
- Don’t be a total jerk to me or my co-workers we are trying to HELP you.
- Smile once and a while, you woke up today, didn’t you? That is a lucky thing!!!
- Please don’t bitch to me about your load and blame me for it, I do not see your load until you do….got it? Not every load is going to be 1,000 miles, and don’t ask for California loads or “west coast loads” a majority of you can’t run them when I give them to you anyway.
- Don’t threaten me by quitting (it won’t bother me any) and don’t bitch because I get to go home everynight (You chose your profession).
Don’t get me wrong, but I do like my job, there are just certain drivers I wish I didn’t have to deal with, and these are not my drivers I am talking about, this is my whole experience of being a dispatcher for the past 11 years.
Ok, I think that is about it for now
Inspired by my friend The Redneck Princess